Advantags of submitting your blog’s sitemap to search engines.1. Search engines will more likely to have timely indexing of your blog.
2. All of the URLs on you blog will be accessed by search engines & are more likely to get indexed.
3. Your blog will more frequently be crawled by google & your newly created post will get indexed soon.
4. Your blog will get increase in traffic from search engines as a result of most of your content being indexed.
5. You will get lots of backlinks if you post a breaking news & it get indexed in google timely & on first page.
So, you can see that it is very useful to submit your blog’s sitemap to google. Infact, it is the first step in the process of improving your blog’s SEO.
How to submit my blog’s sitemap to google ?It is quite easy to submit your blog’s sitemap to google. This post covers the steps involved in submitting you sitemap to google for both blogs hosted on blogspot as well as self hosted wordpress blogs.
For blogs hosted on blogger.com :
If you are using blogger.com for your blog, then it is quite easy to submit your sitemap. Infact, google will automatically verify you. Just follow the following simple steps :
1. Login to your blogger with your google account.
2. Open Google Webmaster Tools in a new tab or window.
3. You will see that google has a list of blogs that you have on blogger under that account.
4. Check the blogs, you want to add, & click add selected blogs.
5. Now you will see yor blog name listed under ‘Sites’. Click on it. You will be taken to your dashboard for that blog. Here you can see your blog statistics (backlinks, search queries etc). Though it will not appear in the first go as google will take some days in accumulating information of your blog.
6. Click on ‘Site Configuration’ (in the left sidebar) & then ‘sitemaps‘ from the submenu.
7.Click on ‘submit a sitemap‘ button. You will be prompted to fill the complete address to your sitemap.
8. Here we will use your RSS feeds as your sitemap. So, after the site address, (i.e http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/) fill in:
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500so the whole url becomes http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
9. Now click ‘submit a sitemap‘ button next to the url field.
10. You will now see that your sitemap (feed) listed in the table with the status ‘pending’. After some hours, it will get verified. So you now have your blog’s sitemap submitted to google.