Do you know what it makes a blogger professional blogger or newbie blogger? Professional blogger learns from his/her mistakes while the other one who never learns from their blogging mistakes is called a NEWBIE blogger.
Are you blogging from so many days or just started? Let’s check out whether you are newbie blogger or not…
1. Looking At Stats All The Time:This sounds to be crazy but its common for the newbie bloggers who check their traffic stats all the time. Stop checking it, and don’t check your stats even in Google analytics!!
I agree that stats reveal your blogging success and progress but what’s the use if you stare at them always? Instead of checking all the time, set a proper time for checking your stats once in a day or at the weekends.
2. Looking At Alexa Rank So Often:Keep your head on the content creation, building network and getting traffic to your blog rather than looking at the alexa ranking system. What’s the use if you just sit and look at that widget or rank?? Will it change?
Otherwise try to increase your alexa by updating more often. The more you update, the chances of increasing your rank will be more. Install alexa rank widget and toolbar in your browser to increase your rank.
3. You Feel Lazy to Write Regularly:You should be consistent in writing/updating your blog. It’s not necessary to write one post/day though. But, you should always update your blog often. It’s needed if you want to succeed in blogging.
Keep one thing in mind that “Perfection is an illusion”. We all are humans, so strive not for the perfection, strive for the consistency. Don’t feel lazy to update your blog content.
4. Not Proof Reading Your Posts Before Publishing:You never check your blog posts before hitting the publish button. You are just so lazy to do that. After all who will read your blog, huh? Your mom, pet and you – isn’t it?
How to overcome: Make it a habit of re-checking your posts before you publish them to the world. If possible double check them and re-craft it until you feel satisfied. This makes your writing better and adds value to posts.
5. Updating The Themes Thrice A Week:Shocked? You will do this if you are a absolute beginner. You always like to change your theme at least once a week.
How to overcome: Stop chasing after updating the themes, concentrate on the quality content creation. My advice is use simple and minimal theme.
No one is more than you – think yourself as a professional blogger even if you are a newbie blogger and start doing the things. Learn from the successful bloggers in your niche and try to list out the top blogs in your niche and start commenting on them. You will notice the changes within few weeks.