The key to a successful blog is getting visitors.
The more traffic you generate to the site, the more awareness you create about your brand, and ultimately the more money you stand to make. The hard part for many bloggers is finding the right traffic and getting them to come back on a continual basis.
Though there are many ways to generate traffic to your blog, one method that has been proven to work wonders is email marketing.
The Power of Email ListsWhen you have a list of emails, you have a lot of power in your hands as a blogger. They are a great way to generate traffic to your site.
The trick however, is to develop a large enough list of emails to get customers to come back. There are several avenues for generating an email list including having members subscribe to your blog, sign up for updates or newsletters and more. The more emails you’re generating, the better it is for your blog.
So, what do you do with this email list?
Well, once you have a list of viable emails you can begin sending out marketing materials that will entice them to check out the newest posts to your blogs.
The great things about using emails are that since the list was compiled from subscriptions and signups, the customers are actually interested in what you have to say.
That way, as you’re sharing updates about your site, the traffic will be authentic and thus improves the chances of them coming back to your site over and over.
Collecting EmailsNow that you know exactly how valuable email lists can be, you need to learn how to generate authentic emails without hassling your target audience. Here are some ideas that have been tried by other bloggers and marketing professionals.
1. Sign Up FormsOne of the simplest ways to increase your email list is to create sign up forms. They can be placed on your company website and blog for easy access and completion.
Of course you want to add call to action words that sound enticing like, “sign up for future updates on the blog” or “sign up to receive tips, tricks, and discounts on the daily basis”.
2. Social MediaSocial media is a major platform for gathering email lists. You'll find that one Magento development company’s tips include creating a social media campaign that advertises free materials in exchange for an email address to download.
If you’re a blogger with a wealth of information, you can try something as simple as, “sign up to receive a free e-book on making money as a blogger”. If your audience is interested in earning cash, they’re most certainly going to sign up to receive a free ebook on how to make money.
3. Traditional MethodsThere are some traditional methods for collecting emails that can work to your advantage.
If you’re a brick-and-mortar location, for instance, you could have sign up forms that require an email to receive the latest discounts and coupons.
If you frequently attend networking events, having small forms for potential clients to fill out contact information would be an easy way to get their emails.
Sending Out Emails:
Once you start to get a healthy list of emails you’ll need to promote your blog in order to increase your traffic. In doing so, you want to make sure that you’re not a nuisance and that you’re also not sending spam to their email accounts. Here are some tips for sending out emails:
- Create an attractive subject line to grab their attention
- Keep the email short and to the point
- Use bullet points, subject lines and headers to make the email easy to skim through
- Place the call to action in the first half of the email
- Leave the reader wanting more
- Make sure that all links within the email are live and functioning
If you’re looking to generate quality traffic to your blog, you’ll need to first develop a plan to increase your list of emails and then send out compelling content that keeps them wanting more.
Hopefully these tips have given you some idea of where to start so that you can boost traffic and ultimately increase your earnings.