In this article, you’ll learn about the major types of website hosting available today and let’s you to find the hosting service that suits your needs.
1. Shared Web HostingThis is one of the most affordable options out there. Its monthly cost ranges from $5 to $20. Here, you will share a server with other websites. Let’s look into the advantages of it.
The advantages are many
- No need of huge investment for startups
- Ideal for website with moderate traffic
- Getting premium features like SSD,SSL at low cost
- Free domain name
- Technical support from hosting company.
Few days back, I’m looking to host some websites on shared hosting which can handle some moderate to high traffic per day. Mohan from Bloggingio wrote a detailed FastComet Review and thoroughly impressed by its features and performance. They are offering Cloud SSD hosting along with free domain name and same renewal price forever. I impressed by their uptime which I think mandatory for any type of online business.
Folks at Bloggingio wrote another interesting article about fastest web hosting provider for WordPress by calculating the uptime and response time of top web hosting companies will definitely help you to choose the best web hosting for your blogs and websites.
2. Cloud Web HostingThis hosting service has been gaining in popularity in recent times. FastComet too offering cloud based SSD hosting for its customers. Basically, a cloud-based server consists of numerous servers that were designed to work as one. The main advantage of this hosting service is that improved capacity can be attained just by acquiring more individual servers.
The server is cloud-based so it is not directly linked to your system. That means your website will be secure and stable. You won't have to worry about other websites getting tons of traffic. Cloud servers also have great scalability - upgrading the RAM, disk space, and processing power is easy and simple.
Important Note: Most cloud-based servers don't have specific prices. Thus, you will pay for the services you actually used. Don't worry about large fees if you are planning to use the server sparingly.
3. VPS Web HostingVPS stands for Virtual Private Server. Here, a single physical server gets divided into multiple servers. The virtual servers inside a real server share hardware resources. But they have their own computing resources.
This type of web hosting allows you to enjoy the benefits of dedicated hosting minus the high costs. You will share a single server with other people, so the price you have to pay is considerably lower than that of dedicated servers. This is the best option if you want to prevent "neighboring websites" from crashing your site.
These days, a VPS hosting package costs $50 to $200 per month. The total price depends on the memory and computing power that you'll get.
There are two types of VPS: managed and unmanaged. Let's discuss these types in detail:
- Managed - This type is ideal for people who don't have the time or skills to manage a VPS server. The technical personnel of the hosting company will take care of your requests and maintain the server for you. With this option, you'll enjoy guaranteed website availability and secure data infrastructure. The speed of managed VPS hosting services is also notable.
- Unmanaged - Here, the service provider will take care of the server's availability only. They won't help you in maintaining and managing your server. Thus, this option requires considerable technical skills and knowledge from the owner. As the owner of an unmanaged VPS, you will handle the installation, upgrades, and maintenance of software. In addition, you have to backup all your system files because the host won't give you much technical support.
4. Dedicated Web HostingThis type of hosting lets you rent a physical server. You will get complete control over the features that you want to use. This "root" or "admin" level of access is crucial if you plan to create an e-commerce website
Your website will be the only thing present in the dedicated server. Thus, you can be sure of excellent website performance and availability. All the memory, computing power and other resources belong to your site.
This is the best type of hosting, feature-wise. But it comes with high costs. Most dedicated servers cost $100 and above per month.
Important Note: You will get complete control over a server. That means you need to maintain the server and make sure that it will work as it is supposed to. You may serve as the administrator of the server if you have the time, skills, and inclination for it. But if you want to focus on your website and your business, you may hire a professional server administrator. This option increases the total costs, but you can be sure that an expert takes care of all the complex stuff for you.
5. Reseller Hosting
This is similar to a shared web hosting service. The only difference is that reseller hosting allows you to resell your hosting space to others. This hosting service is highly technical: it comes with complex control panels, billing programs, and other advanced stuff. If you will get this hosting service, you can take advantage of the following:
- Technical Support - The hosting service provider will take care of the technical problems your customers might experience. When your clients contact you because of technical problems, refer them to the service provider.
- Name Servers - You will get your own name servers. Thus, your business will appear bigger than it actually is. Ask your clients to point their domains straight to your name server.
- Website Templates - These templates will help your clients in creating new websites. You can use this feature as a great marketing tool.